Welcome to the Vivid™ S70 from GE Healthcare – a portable, robust system with 4D TEE capability that takes cardiovascular ultrasound to new heights by potentially helping to reduce non-diagnostic exams and enhancing collaborative care.
Put your department ahead of the technology curve
By combining the proven breadth and performance of the Vivid product line with the cSound™ powerful, software beamformer image reconstruction platform, the Vivid S70 takes ultrasound to a whole new level – delivering excellent image quality in cardiac as well as shared service at an affordable price. Conventional ultrasound systems too often yield non-diagnostic exams.
Recognizing this, GE has developed a new imaging platform called cSound. In a conventional scanner, ultrasound beamforming is performed by special purpose hardware – a hardware beamformer.
Conversely, cSound is truly a software beamformer. Data from every probe element/channel is acquired and temporarily stored in a “Local Big Data Memory” before being analyzed and processed by parallel processors similar to those found in many of today’s supercomputers. The cSound software beamformer has given us a very high degree of parallel processing, similar to that of conventional hardware beamformer leadership scanners, in a small and portable system.
The many ways Vivid S70 with cSound performance elevates patient care:
- Excellent visualization quality in 2D, color flow, and Doppler and 4D formats
- Excellent spatial resolution and detail
- New capabilities including automated quantification of the LV and MV
- Exceptional 2D TTE
- The Vivid S70 quickly brings you quantifiable information across a wide variety of patients – even those with body types or conditions that make them difficult to scan. GE’s XDclear™ probe technology pairs with our new imaging platform to capture data from every channel in the probe.
- Exceptional 4D TEE
- 4D TEE is simple, quick and clear for imaging in the echo lab, cath lab and OR.
The M5Sc phased array cardiac transducer merges matrix array with high-performing XDclear technology and provides ultra-wide bandwidth and superb image quality.
4D TEE supports invasive surgical procedures.
is a digital imaging technique that provides real-time visualization of vascular hemodynamics using techniques to boost blood echoes.
supports invasive surgical procedures.
- Define the care path
- Quantification with Vivid S70 is all about helping providers evaluate and address cardiovascular issues. Count on a full suite of simple, intuitive tools to support your work.
Based on a 2D-speckle tracking algorithm, assists in measuring the most commonly used parameter to describe the LV function.
Automated Function Imaging (AFI)
Assess and quantify left ventricular wall motion, calculating a large set of parameters.
Adapted to work with the full volume data sets acquired with the 4D TEE transducer, 4D Auto LVQ for TEE brings you a fast, easy, two-click method of placing points which defines the initial endocardial border. This quantification tool provides you with a graphical output of pure 4D volume data using a mesh-based surface-tracking model.
- Streamlining your exams
- Vivid S70 with cSound performance empowers your team with a variety of efficient tools. You’ll find it easy to achieve consistent information across a wide variety of patients. And how tools like the ability to quantify wall motion abnormalities can help you diagnose. You’ll also appreciate the simple tabletlike experience of the Image Manager and configurable interface.
- 4D TEE
- With TEE procedures growing, so is the need to find ways to achieve the benefits of 4D imaging without compromising productivity.
Powered by cSound, 4D TEE is simple, quick and clear on the Vivid S70. View precise images of the heart during assessment and diagnosis in the echo lab. Confidently steer image-guided procedures in the cath lab. Support invasive surgical procedures in the OR.
- Designed for reliability and ease of use
- Flex Fit – Adjust control panel and monitor for comfort and convenience
- Easy mobility with smart standby
- Small footprint
- 12.1″ touch screen
- 19″ LED monitor with articulating arm
- Smart Stress
- A stress package with memory buffer offers pharmaceutical, treadmill and bicycle stress exam protocols, with user-configurable templates and shuffle mode.
- Easily switch from volumes to slices and back in live or replay mode. Extracting 2D slices from 4D volumes can be a complicated process. FlexiSlice is an intuitive, interactive tool for obtaining many 2D or render views in either live or replay mode. With FlexiSlice, you can slice in any direction, and easily select a slice view to be projected as a render image.
- Triplane Imaging
- lets you image three planes from the same heartbeat, with high temporal and spatial resolution.